CSM Minimal WordPress Blog Theme
This is a minimal WordPress theme with some basic customization options. I used Jared Erikson’s Less theme as a framework and stripped out stuff that I didn’t want. Then I added Font Awesome, an options page, lightweight social sharing (no js!) and a few other things to make it pretty! I tried to keep it as light as possible, but there are a couple of things I plan on doing in the future to improve performance.
The options page allows you to choose a base color (blue, pink or grey), add social profiles, header and favicon images and a footer copyright.
I would love feedback and feature requests! Tweet me up!
v0.3 (blog post)
- Added action hook fields in the options page to allow insertion of js or html.
- Added custom action hook – csm_after_body – which hooks just after the opening body tag.
v0.2 (blog post)
- Added dropdown menu functionality to support up to three levels.
- Added Facebook, Behance and LinkedIn social links in the menu.
- Added default favicon and header image.
- Some general bug fixes and clean up.
v0.1 (blog post)
- First release
- Minimal design to show off your content.
- An options page that allows easy setting of the header profile image, favicon, base color, copyright and social icon links.
- Social icons in the header (currently supports Twitter, Instagram and Github).
- Three color options – blue, pink and grey.
- Copyright option for footer
- Font awesome icons.
- 5 most recent posts listed after each post.
- Simple, CSS only dropdown menu that supports up 3 levels.
- Ability to insert custom html or js in to three areas: wp_head (just before closing head tag), wp_footer (just after opening footer tag) and csm_after_body (a custom hook just after the opening body tag).