Harlow’s Ugly Christmas Sweater (8 months old!)
We wanted to do something fun for Harlow’s 8 month photos so we decided to let her go crazy with paint and create her own baby ugly Christmas sweater! Andrea used her exceptional crafting skills to add some felt decorations to the ugly Christmas sweater and I took photos…
The photo studio setup was quite similar to the last time we did baby painting photos, but this time the entire process took longer as we let the paint dry after each color to stop the paints mixing. I used the same camera equipment and flash technique, although this time I really tried to get the flash bouncing from the same direction the baby was facing to create the soft shadow across the face.
Our baby ugly Christmas sweater process
1. Get a white sweater (we got cheap cotton long sleeve from Target) and lay it down on some white sheets.
2. Give the baby a little bit of paint, one color at a time, and let her go crazy!
3. Between each color, let the sweater dry so the paints don’t mix and go a poopy brown color.
4. After the final paint color is on and the sweater is dry, cut pieces of felt in whatever shape your heart desires and stick on to the sweater. Remember, it’s an ugly sweater, not an haute couture item, so get wild!
5. Sing Christmas songs out load like an idiot (this step can be completed at any time).
6. Put the ugly Christmas sweater on your baby.
7. Take so many photos it takes 3 hours to go through them all to figure out which ones are worth posting on Facebook.
8. Post all the photos anyway.
9. Smile because you made your baby a unique ugly Christmas sweater, and have photos to prove it!
Harlow is 8 months old!
Miss Harlow Maia Colleen is 8 months old!
Fun facts (by Andrea):
1. As of today, 8 months 3 days, she is a crawler. People weren’t joking when they said that was a game changer.
2. Her eyes get huge and she sticks her tongue out when she is determined to get something.
3. She loves blowing raspberries.
4. She still loves scratching the wall.
5. She gets a kick out of the cats. The feeling isn’t mutual.
6. She hates getting dressed and having her diaper changed, mainly because they take away from play time.
7. She eats all sorts of foods-carrots, sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, pear, apple, and she even tried our food. Lately she has eaten sushi, curry, eggs, soup & bread and loved it all. This girl loves to eat (just like her daddy)!
8. She can almost pull herself up and stand.
9. Mommy’s favorite things about Harlow: her chubby arms and legs & her giggles.
10. Daddy’s favorite things about Harlow: she gives daddy the biggest smile and snuggles whenever she sees him…even if it’s only been two minutes since she last saw him!