I will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you might like to Download My Resume as a PDF.
I love undertaking challenging marketing projects and solving problems. I'm just as comfortable coding up a landing page as I am planning a campaign, writing ad copy or meeting partners or clients at an event...
Conducted customer research to identify product issues, then led product repositioning and launch. This included PR, marketing asset creation, paid search and partner training, and allowed penetration into new markets, generating $xxx,000s of new business.
Recruited and trained an international sales team in Australia, Philippines and Indonesia. This included setting sales targets, devising cross-cultural sales strategies, implementing a CRM system and documenting processes.
Executed and measured PPC campaigns using Google Adwords and Facebook Ads. This included landing page design, A/B testing and remarketing, and resulted in over 100 new leads per month and hundreds of registrations for marketing events. I'm also Google Adwords certified.
Established and maintained a working partnership with a network of international agency partners. These partners continually generate 40-50% of sales each year, and are located as far and wide as India, South Korea, Australia, United Kingdom and Nigeria.
Coded a custom connection between Insightly CRM and MailChimp to trigger marketing activity based on pipeline stages and customer persona segments. I even wrote a blog post on how I did it!
Executed email marketing strategy, which included automation of event-specific emails, promotional emails and monthly newsletters. This resulted in an average open rate of 21% across all email campaigns and an average conversion rate of 32% from email campaign traffic.
In my 10+ years of professional experience, I have spent 6 years as a marketing manager and marketing consultant. I have also done face-to-face customer service, hustled for a timeshare company and taught snowboarding!
Led all marketing consulting projects. Assisted small-medium sized businesses establish an online presence and promote their products using digital marketing tools.
• Engaged to deliver a series of online marketing seminars and advanced workshops by Northern Territory Chamber of Commerce. Seminars were delivered to over 100 people and included advice on Google Adwords, Google Analytics, social media and website optimization.
• Advised youth-oriented division of NT Chamber of Commerce on digital marketing strategy, leading to a significant increase in registration rates.
• Worked with over 30 small-medium sized businesses to build websites and guide online marketing, analytics and social media strategy.
Oversaw marketing for all international products. Planned and executed all international marketing and student recruitment initiatives to drive growth in global markets.
• Conducted customer research and worked with the executive team to improve international education products, increase customer satisfaction and reduce student churn.
• Planned, executed and measured a content marketing strategy, which generated over 500 new leads in the first 12 months and continues to generate 10 - 12% of all new leads.
• Developed and executed international marketing strategy which drove year-on-year revenue growth of over 55%. Growth was sustained during the international education market downturn of 2010 - 2012, where the industry saw an average decline of 10% per year.
• Managed freelance and agency teams to design brochures, print ads, websites and event collateral.
• Wrote a Google Chrome Extension to allow sales staff to import email templates to Gmail from a shared Google Spreadsheet.
Responsible for establishing and executing marketing strategies for a new line of products for international students.
• Planned and executed a digital marketing strategy, leading to over 80% of all new leads coming from online efforts, with an average cost-per-lead of under $4.
• Composed international policy and procedure handbook based on strict Australian Government legislation. This handbook held up to the scrutiny of numerous Government audits.
• Established procedures for student recruitment and designed web forms to manage student applications.
Taught snowboarding to adults and children in private and group lessons. Awarded Rookie Instructor of the Year at Snowbird Mountain School, 2007.
Promoted a timeshare club package to potential buyers and maintained position as a top 5 salesperson in region throughout employment.
Responsible for all store operations including recruitment, rostering, sales training and stock control.
Developed SFRC website and marketing materials, and consulted on technical issues.
Consulted on marketing and technical issues, developed a new website and drove communications strategy for the successful “Save Darwin Squash” campaign. This resulted in the award of $4 million in Government funding and the construction of a world class squash facility.
Volunteered as a beach lifeguard from the age of 15 and won medals at the 2001 and 2002 National Lifeguard Championships.
My formal education has provided me with a solid grounding in marketing theory, and my love for learning drives me to read, study and continue my education!
• Areas of study include: consumer research (quantitative and qualitative), consumer behavior, global marketing, integrated marketing communications, digital marketing and brand development.
• High Distinction average across marketing courses.
• Awarded Best Drummer and Best Combo (Small Group) - New Zealand National Youth Jazz Festival 2002.
• 91% in the search exam and 92% in the fundamentals exam.
• This was my first dive into full-stack software development (using Ruby on Rails) and I enjoyed it immensely, inspiring me to start learning NodeJS and AngularJS.
I am an expert at driving sales with data-driven, persona-focused online marketing. However, I am a well-rounded marketer with variety of skills in design, development and sales. I also love testing out new tools and tinkering with code.
My ideal job would be as a Product Marketing Manager at a forward-thinking technology company, based in Northern California (I am eligible to work, without restriction, in the USA). I will, however, consider any marketing role and I am willing to relocate - make me an offer I can't refuse!